Thursday 10 May 2018

Difference between posts and pages


In this article I'm going to reveal the difference between posts and pages in blogging terminology. 

If you have just started your blogging journey (Congratulations! 😃 ;) then I think you might have stuck your head upon this issue!

I will also let down my stupid reason of getting into this holy confusion after getting you might think such a stupid I was!

This question might look simple for many but it is actually a tricky to catch up at the first instant because more or less both posts and pages  carry the same identity that both are webpages.

As they have the same identity newbies find it difficult to differentiate them.

But relax you headed up to the right place. I would clear your every spot of confusion!

Basic Meaning:

  • Post- 

  •  First you need to understand is that the words post has its roots in the Blogosphere only (as per my knowledge) and also it does not have any relation with web's predefined (technological) terminology.
  • they constitute the basic niche related articles you write for your blog.
  •  they are automatically posted in reverse chronological order by your CMS in your homepage.
 
  • Pages-
  • While Pages in blogging aim to mean static pages meant for special purpose like Contact Us, Privacy Policy and etc.
  • And there's some regular difference between them which I will catch down at the below infograph.
 


 
My Confusion point:

Actually when I started up blogging then when I did create my first post on some other blog it as usual came all along on the Home Page as I did not knew about jump break button. (after the smiley in top toolbar)


So, I wondered why is that my post not coming in a separate page like in case of all other had and my all entire post is getting into my Home Page.

This was the first starting point of irritating issues of my blogging career. 


So yes there was bit of havoc, confusion and all mess which I cleared as soon as I got to know about jump break button.

Now, I think we are off with all the confusion and I don't think you need any further explanation but still waiting for you below in the comment section. 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for such a nice info now i understand the difference between pages and post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice guide herein. I've got to understand more about their differences.

    Thanks.

    Kindly check my blog;
    latest Naija Music

    ReplyDelete